Selling an apartment
Essential points in the sale of real estate
If you want to sell a residential property, it is advisable to consider the necessary steps in advance. With our knowledge we are at your disposal during the sale.
1. Check your expectations of the sale
Think carefully about the conditions under which you would like to sell the property and who is the buyer. Different characteristics of the property are also important here, as they influence the demand and the purchase price to be achieved. Important criteria that influence the price are
- the residential area and the district,
- the size and type of the object as well as
- the number of rooms available.
These points are included in the publication of the offer and ensure that suitable potential buyers are found.
2. Advice and support during the sale
In the sale of your property, we support you with our extensive industry knowledge and extensive experience. We know through which channels we best market apartments for sale and how we address the right clientele. In addition, we support you in the preparation of an exposé and conduct price negotiations for you.
3. Advice on prices and sales conditions
Anyone wishing to purchase a property is prepared to pay a reasonable price for high quality. We set a fixed price for the sale and discuss it with you beforehand. Here we consider all characteristics of the object.
4. Conclusion of contract
Once a suitable buyer has been found, the contract documents are signed. We compile these in consultation with you and advise you with regard to legally impeccable wording.
A condominium is clearly below the value of a house. However, it is not easier to sell. The real estate agent is a valuable support. Nevertheless, personal initiative is called for. What do I have to keep in mind when selling an apartment? How can I avoid costly mistakes? The sales guidebook clarifies.
Selling an apartment - known when
Preparations - what is to be done before the sale?
Free or rented - what is the difference?
There’s not much difference. The only advantage is that the demand for vacant apartments is higher than for rented ones. Up to 30 % more bring in free real estates. But it is not only demand that drives prices up. Also the so-called tenant protection law is not to be underestimated. Who wants to sell a rented dwelling, cannot terminate the current tenancy without further ado. Only payment arrears or an action for personal needs can prematurely cancel the Tenant Protection Act. The property owner is equally restricted in the event of rent increases. Legal requirements as well as the rent index of the city authority set limits to the financial leeway.
What can a property cost?
- The year of construction: New and old apartments are noticeably below the selling prices of properties from the 50s, 60s and 70s.
- The floor: The seller receives up to 20% or 30% less for a ground floor apartment. The reason: the risk of burglary and heating costs are highest on the lowest floor. As a rule of thumb, the higher the floor, the higher the selling price.
- The external area: With objects without exit possibilities such as garden surfaces or balconies the salesman must count on losses of several hundred euro per square meter.
- The number of rooms: The trend is towards larger apartments. Particularly in cities, 3- to 5-room apartments are very popular. Since after the war mostly smaller flats with two rooms on average were built, 3 to 5 rooms are a rarity.
Selling an apartment - the first steps
Make an appointment with the broker
It is not uncommon for the layman to lose track when selling an apartment. The complex process is better handled by the experienced hands of a professional real estate agent. But what distinguishes an expert? A good real estate agent knows the regional housing market. At the same time, he has a strong network of potential buyers and financing service providers. But he is not only at the side of the seller. A competent real estate agent also advises prospective buyers. His specialist knowledge is particularly in demand for partition declarations and housing benefit settlements.
Notary visit and land register entry
Costs for real estate agent and notary public
After the visit to the notary, the payments for the real estate agent and the notary are due. Payment is made by invoice. The broker payment, the percentage of the selling price, differs from state to state.